"Life can only be understood backwards - but must be lived forwards."



Tuesday, July 8, 2008

YAY!!!! I am so excited that Jesse got DeAnna's final rose last night!!!! Laura and I have been waiting all season for the finale and it did NOT disappoint! This was honestly my FAVORITE Bachelor/Bachelorette season EVER! I usually don't get into reality TV this much (okay, maybe sometimes I do) but this time--I was so into it.

It was so weird. At the beginning of the episode, I was still up in the air and wasn't sure who she was going to pick and at that point, I was okay with either guy. But somehow throughout the two hour finale, I kept rooting more and more for Jesse and wanting to stick up for him. Especially at the family date when both guys met DeAnna's family. It seemed like
the family was leaning on Jason's (the other bachelor) side. But DeAnna would stick up for Jesse and say how nervous he was. Even so, the next day when both Jesse and Jason came to the house to be with her extended family, Jesse came out of his shell more and also asked for DeAnna's Dad's permission to ask her to marry him. And of course her Dad was happy about that and they bonded.

Then DeAnna met both guys for one more date in the Bahamas. The more I watched the two of them together and how perfect of a match they were--I started realizing how much I wanted Jesse to win! Jason is nice and cute and all--but it just didn't seem to fi
t for DeAnna.
So throughout the whole episode, they made it seem like Jason was the obvious choice, so by the end, I'm thinking along the "reality tv" lines and realizing that they are just trying to fake us out! And then, right when the first guy was going to get out of the limo, I just knew it would be jason and that she was going to choose JESSE! AND SHE DID!
And it was perfect! Here is a clip of Jesse's proposal and DeAnna's acceptance!

What was even more perfect was the next show called "After the Rose"
DeAnna was confronted by Jason about why she didn't chose him. It was sad--but Jason had plenty of ladies woohooing for him that I'm sure he won't be too lonely.
And then--Jesse came out and after the months apart since the show ended
, Jesse and DeAnna were finally back together. And I tell ya, I've never seen two people so in love and so right for each other. They could not stop staring at each other, telling the other that they love them and they definitely couldn't stop kissing and hugging. It was adorable.
And honestly, during that show--you could finally see DeAnna and how much she loved him and she was finally able to actually show it. And boy did she ever.
They also announced that they are getting married on May 9, 2009. And Chris Harrison handed them an all expense paid trip to Greece for their honeymoon! Super cute.

Overall--it was one of the best reality TV show moments I've ever watched--and as sappy as it sounds, I honestly believe that they are going to stay together and be happy forever! They are both so real and honest, and always have been. And I really think they are genuine about their feelings and will be happy forever!!!

CONGRATULATIONS DEANNA & JESSE!!!!!!

No comments: