"Life can only be understood backwards - but must be lived forwards."



Thursday, June 18, 2009

I think I'm ready for my close up...

Coincidentally, the title of my blog is a line from a Ms. Britney Spears' song which I put on my facebook and everyone thought I was talking about House Hunters.
NO.

I was talking about Britney. lol

But while I'm on the subject of House Hunters.....we had our casting interview on Tuesday night. And, I feel like it went pretty well!
Our realtors Michael and Lisa Lynch came by and we were able to chat with them about everything going on. Soon, the camera guy/interview guy got to the house and we were off and running. Funnily enough (I always use the word funnily but I'm still not sure if that is a real word or not, but I'm using it anyways and waiting for Webster to get his/her act together) the camera guy is someone I sort of knew from my days at TPT. Never worked WITH him but definitely knew the name and face. Having that in common was a good ice breaker which made me feel a lot more comfortable.
First, Cully (the PA-Production Assistant) interview Mike on his own. We didnt' hear the interview but we can imagine he asked him things about Rian and I and what our process has been like from his prospective.
Only taking a few minutes, Mike and Lisa were shortly on their way - hopefully to work on our house to get us in ASAP! lol
Next, Cully had Rian and I sort of take him on a tour of the house. Basically just wanting us to do a mock House Hunters going through and saying what we like and dislike about a house. It was funny to be followed around by a camera but after a while I didn't even realize it was there - must be a natural.
After the tour, we set up in the porch. Rian and I stood next to each other while he asked us questions. He asked me the set of questions first and then Rian answered all the same ones after I was done. I piped in on a few of Rian's - doing the playful, entertaining thing. Making sure they know that we are fun and funny and entertaining for all of the HGTV viewers. It was fun to hear Rian answer the same questions after I answered them. Fun to hear what he had to say - similarities and differences. Also fun to hear him answer the questions about how this house is a symbol of us starting our life together. He even got asked a question like, "Why did you choose to buy a house when you are first living together instead of starting off more slowly and just rent?"
I guess I never thought about it like that but since we are sooner than later getting engaged and married - it has just always felt like the natural next step.
After our interview and after my sweating from nerves and adrenaline - It felt great to be done with all of that. Its one thing to actually film and do everything for the actual show, but when it is just for an interview - it is not as fun.
So now we wait. We wait to hear back from the folks at High Noon Entertainment in Colorado - yay or nah - like us or hate us.
Either way, this has been a cool experience. I know some people might think it is dumb or pointless but what is life without taking advantage of unique opportunities that present themselves; to step out of our comfort zone and do something different for a change. I am flattered that we've gotten this far in the process and will continue to keep my fingers crossed until we hear back. Should be in about a week or so.

Either way - how fun. We've had a good time and even learned a little bit.
What more can you ask for?

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

ahhh britney :-)

hopefully the people in CO like you...if not they are poo.