"Life can only be understood backwards - but must be lived forwards."



Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Register, Schmegister

Considering that it is exactly 123 days until I become Mrs. Noelle Heaslip - things are really starting to roll and I'm really starting to freak out.
Did anyone freak out about changing their name? I never really thought about it, but its kind of weirding me out now. Just typing it all out freaks me out. lol I guess it is a reality, but it is still a weird thing to consider. Rian will tease me and call me Noelle Heaslip and it weirds me out, yet it is happening soon. Like 123 days soon!

On top of that, I'm just getting weirded out that everything is actually happening. I honestly never thought this day would come and now I'm planning my wedding. I'm also stressing planning the wedding as well. For someone like me who has an INCREDIBLY difficult time making any decisions, you can understand how this would only multiply everything and stress me out even more.

But right now I have a question for all who are reading and could REALLY use the help and advice. I'm just wondering....

*What things about your wedding did you love and are so glad you did?
*What things about your wedding do you wish you wouldn't have spent the time or money on and would not have done if you had to do it again?

And the same goes for registering....

*What are you so glad you registered for and love?
*What do you wish you wouldn't have bothered with on your registry?

I keep telling people how frustrating it is planning a wedding because (hopefully/usually) you only ever plan one, so its everyone's first time doing everything!

Any other advice being four months out? I know it seems like forever away, but of course it isn't and there is much to be done, especially in the next couple months. I know I can't control having a lot to do close to the wedding, but I would like to try and get as much done as I can now so that I can enjoy the months leading up with showers and things.

So.....comment away - or if you are feeling really ambitious - email me! noelle.fastner@gmail.com

Thanks Ladies! :-)

ps: I will try to show pics of some of the main things I have picked for the wedding in my next post!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

the name thing was crazy...actually, more than that it was a pain in the ass. no on ever told me how much of a hassle and how much work it was. i am cool now and everything, but geez!

email to follow about likes/dislikes.

Poofy Hair Girl said...

I would advise against registering for fine china. We have not yet used it and I seriously doubt that we ever will...maybe when our kids are grown and out of the house. until then, we will store it...we do use the crystal, however. sooo happy for you!!!!