"Life can only be understood backwards - but must be lived forwards."



Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You really CAN shorten them and wear them again!

Okay - maybe you can't shorten them, but I swear you can wear them again! My bridesmaid dresses that is! Honestly, I really did pick the one that I would want to wear again. I'm actually kind of jealous that I didn't get to buy one too! lol
The only thing that is really missing is I REALLY wanted pockets in the dresses. Unfortunately, that couldn't really happen and I figured it wasn't worth the hassle of stressing out trying to find the perfect dress with pockets. I can just imagine that they are there.

In any case, I really wanted to find a green dress but the style of dress was more important to me than the color. I figured if I found a dress I liked but it didn't have the green I wanted, I could still go with black. And that is what happened. But black totally works considering we are doing black, white/ivory and green as wedding colors. Very classic. Plus, with black dresses, we can totally jazz them up with accessories! As I always say - Accessories make the outfit!
So, I am on the hunt for some fun and funky green jewlery that my maids can wear and look FAB!
I also know from someone's personal experience that this is a super comfy dress. The material is NOT like the regular bridesmaid dress material, which I think is great. I wanted to get as far away from the "typical bridesmaid dress" as I could. You know me, I like to do the opposite of what everyone else does. lol We're all lucky I'm wearing a somewhat traditional gown. For my first communion, when i was 8 years old, I didnt' want to wear the traditional white dress that all little girls "should" wear for their First Communion - so I wore a colorful, flowery dress. lol It started early and probably will never go away.
But for now...here the the picture of the dress. Remember - it is black and it will be shorter, like knee length. It will be May after all! :-)


1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

so shorter, meaning above the knee? i like black...it will always look good- when you look back in 30 years you won't be wondering what you were thinking...