"Life can only be understood backwards - but must be lived forwards."



Monday, April 4, 2011

Over.Whelmed.

Definitely feeling completely OVERwhelmed these days. Sometimes I feel like I can't catch my breath long enough to figure out where I am and what I'm doing. So much has happened/continues to happen over the last six months. Sometimes I forget what it was like to have everything in life nailed down and figured out and not *really* have many things to worry about. {although I usually find a few things to worry about at all times.}

I never quite understood the ramifications of what it means to be unemployed. Certainly never had to deal with it in my life. But man, does that smack you right in the face and make you look at everything COMPLETELY different.

R and I never imagined that only 3 months after our wedding our whole world would be turned upside down. I have never been on a roller coaster like this in my life and it has proved for some real testing of strength and character.

Things that I have learned through this experience...

1 - I will never take for granted having a job ever again. (and neither should YOU)

2 - Sometimes it's okay to ask for help and rely on people who ARE able to help

3 - Many people forget about your 'situation' and do not provide extra support that is needed

4 - Other people step up to the plate and are more than supportive and understanding

5 - Money management. (Do I really need that dress? Well, yes, but I can't afford it right now.)

6 - Playing a game of scrabble (via facebook) against your husband on a friday night is the
best.

7 - Our appreciation for the small and the big things has been beyond enhanced

8 - Letting go of 'planning the future' - we never really know what a week, month or year will bring us

Because of what we have gone through and continue to go through every day - we have a new found appreciate for so many things. We have learned things that we will keep for the rest of our lives and will definitely make a difference in the long run. We have learned so many lessons that some people never learn in their lifetime. We eventually will look at this time as one of the hardest but most influential times in our relationship and in our life. And until that point of closing this chapter in our lives and in our marriage....we wait...we persist....we laugh...we cry...we hope...

No comments: