"Life can only be understood backwards - but must be lived forwards."



Thursday, December 29, 2011

Do You Believe?

I couldn't help but watch these videos, as I was doing my daily lunch look-over of People.com.  


This 18 year old man boy was born with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.  I can barely say the word, let alone live with such a scary disease.  This young man's lifelong health struggle made him face some pretty tough things from a young age.  The way he so beautifully told his stories through note cards and youtube is just breath-taking.  Unfortunately, the reason for this video to start on its viral journey is because Ben Breedlove passed away on Christmas Day.  These videos are bringing the family a small piece of solace that Ben is okay and that he believes.


Every now and then [more than I would like to admit] I always need something like this to jolt me from my pity party and realize that my life is pretty great compared some so many battles that people fight on a daily basis.

All I can say after tearfully watching Ben's last two videos is - I believe.

No comments: