"Life can only be understood backwards - but must be lived forwards."



Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Year With Eleanor + Noelle

I finally feel like I actually have something non-narcissistic to post.  Sometimes I feel like my blogs are all about me, me, me and no one wants to know that much about me personally.  [I think]

My new book I'm reading has inspired me in more than one way - so why not brag blog about it.

My Year With Eleanor.
My Year with Eleanor: A Memoir

I saw it at Half Price Books and was immediately drawn to it, as the author's name was Noelle - spelled correctly the everything.  After I opened up the front cover and began to read more about this memoir, I realized that her Noelle and me Noelle were basically the same person.  From her former job as a celebrity blogger (a job I WISH I had) to her time unemployed and searching for a job/career/life that is fulfilling and happy and purposeful - she works on conquering her fears after seeing the Eleanor Roosevelt quote in a coffee shop - "Do one thing every day that scares you."
She uses the time between her 29th and 30th birthdays to discover herself, the world around her and  overcoming her worst fears.

I only got through maybe 30 pages last night, as I swear, every other page, I had to write down quotes from the book that I wanted to remember.  Among other things, only 30 pages in, it is already inspiring me to use this time in my life to think, discover, overcome and enjoy every day.  I KNOW I have a million and one things to work on internally and externally - and it is okay to actually work on them and try to change.  I'm keeping a list on my phone of things to do or ways to keep me on track and organize every piece of my life.  Organization is key! Says Noelle Hancock.  And I agree.

No comments: