"Life can only be understood backwards - but must be lived forwards."



Monday, March 23, 2009

Attn: SATC Fans


To all you Sex and the City fans out there...

Lately, I've been watching/listening to the Sex and the City audio commentaries on the DVDs. I have basically watched every single episode of the series at the least maybe 8 times - give or take. There is just something about that show that I can watch it over and over and OVER again, and not get sick of it or not think it is amusing. I have a problem. lol

Also, my nightly ritual is sitting in bed watching SATC episodes on TBS (and other stations) while I do sudoku. It helps calm me and ready me for sleep.
I just can't get enough of the show and am fascinated by episodes over and over again. To me, there is so much depth to every episode, so much relatability, so much humor and so much beauty. I love the four very unique and extraordinary women; I love their life experiences and I love them as they were my own friend. I know people might think it is weird, but I connect with the show and with the women and their struggles and triumphs. I also am in love the New York City and everything out it. I feel like I can live through the women and experience NYC as I would always hope to. Silly - I know but I have weird ways of connecting with certain movies or tv shows. The art form is important to me and to me it is a part of my life.

In any case - I will continue - I have been watching and listening to some of the audio commentaries on the dvds and for anyone who is as big of a fan as I am, this is a completely hidden treasure of the show. All of them are done by Michael Patrick King - the producer and creator of the show. He has incredible insight and fun facts galore!
For someone like me who has seen every episode a multitude of times, this is a great way to re-introduce each episode. MPK speaks almost throughout the entire episode. Along the way he shares the great tidbits of the show - pre/post production, waredrobe, extras, NYC, lines, takes and so much more. I enjoy hearing about the behind the scenes type things and secrets of the cast. I love hearing about waredrobe things - Patricia Fields is the mastermind behind the fashion of Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte and does a beyond incredible job.

I have learned so much more about the show and all involved and it makes me happy.
I know not everyone enjoys any kind of audio commentaries and might feel bored, but I throughly enjoy these. Even as background noice to listen to. I have a portable dvd player and I use that all the time for times like when I'm doing hair or make-up, cleaning or anything.

And an update for those of you who did not know - Sex and the City:The Movie 2 is a GO! I have heard many accounts of rumors and things, but a couple weeks ago I saw Cynthia Nixon on Regis and Kelly and she CONFIRMED that it WILL be happening!!!

I have the most mixed feelings on this one though. I cannot get enough of SATC and the movie, but at the same time, I'm scared that something bad is goign to happen in the movie and it will ruin things for me. I REALLY liked how they left things in the movie about how all of the girls were happy and in good places, even though they had been through a lot. I'm just not sure how much more drama they can take and what else would happen that would create an whole new movie! I understand that I was concerned about the first movie and what would happen, but it makes sense. For the next movie, I'm not sure if more children are in the picture or more relationship drama. But the numero uno thing that I am SCARED for is if they decide to kill one of them off. Like, let's say Samantha's cancer comes back or something. I just dont' think I could handle the idea of one of them dying. Terrible!

None the less, I will anticipate the sequel like I did the first one. A midnight show will probably be in order! :-)

What is your favorite episode???

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

wow...that was a long blog dedicated to SATC! i do appreciate the blog though...and on a monday- impressive!