"Life can only be understood backwards - but must be lived forwards."



Thursday, March 19, 2009

You've Got Soul...You've Got Class...

Does anyone even remember what I decided to name all of my blog titles?? If you remember what I said I was going to do - leave me a comment and if you get it right I will give you a gold star.

So I know....I'm bad...no blogging in a month and SO much has gone on. I'll try to not bore you with the same old since most of you would have known...in any case....

As all of you know, Owen Charles Pershing was born on Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 at 7:33pm. He was 6 lbs and 10 oz (I think 10 oz) and as beautiful as little boys come. You've all seen pictures and many of you have met him and know how perfect he is. I was lucky enough to spend a good amount of time with the new family after Owen was born. I stayed for 4 days after he was born, went home for a couple days then came back for another 3 days. Then left but came back a few days later for another night. I was okay the first time I left b/c I knew I was coming back really soon, but after the second visit I had a bit of a crying spell when I was getting ready to leave. I knew I had to leave in like 30 mintues so I asked Eliz if I could hold him for a while before I left. I started to hold him and just broke down - I could barely tell why I was crying - except that I was feeling like I was never going to see him again! Terrible! I think I cried a couple more times, but eventually was able to leave and cry all the way home. lol It was just really hard leaving both Elizabeth and Owen and knowing that they would be (semi) far away. It was hard leaving Owen since I had been waiting to meet him for 9 months and then I only had a week with him! And it was hard leaving my sister too because I can't remember the last time that we had spent so much time together just hanging out and talking and I miss that a lot. All in all, I just have to keep reminding myself that they could be a LOT further away - so a short car ride is nothing in the scheme of things. Either way, Owen is here the the most beautiful baby in the world and I couldn't be more proud or happier to be his Godmother! :-)

Another big change in the last month was me finally getting a new job and leaving the world of tpt. It wasn't very hard to leave tpt since they didn't much care that I was leaving. I knew I was onto bigger and better things. And so far everything is going really well at the Dept of Revenue. My job, albeit not very interesting or exciting, is a upgrade from my last as far as actually having work to do and being more of an independent worker. I cannot believe the things I DO NOT have to do for my supervisor. I catch myself feeling like I should be doing more, but at the same time realizing that I'm not in that place anymore and that now I have a lot more freedom and a lot more reponsibility as well as respect. Like I said, it is not my dream job and I certainly don't plan on doing this for the rest of my life - but it is giving me a solid point in my life where my job isn't ruining the rest of my life. And I really can take the time to focus on figuring out career-wise what is going to be satisfying for me and fill that void that I know I have. But at least now I'm being treated like an adult, I'm being trusted and I'm in a healthy environment. I am completely overwhelmed at my current supervisor and how NOT like my previous boss she is - it is unbelievble. She is genuine, respectful, understanding of the fact that we have lives outside of our jobs and it is a joy to work for someone who appreciates me and the work that I'm doing. If you could only see the difference...
The other huge bonus for me with my new job is my schedule. I am able to work a flex schedule where basically Monday through Thursday, I'm working from 7:30am-5:00pm and Fridays I will be working 7:30am-11:30am!! A half day every single Friday?!?! Yes, that's right!
It is SO worth it to work that extra hour and have a reward at the end of every week by having a half day. Tomorrow is my first one and I'm SO looking forward to it. Especially when the weather starts inproving, it will be amazing to have that much more time in the sun! Definitely a bonus too if I want to drive down to Chester for the day/night. This is a perk that is worth money to me, so I'm very grateful for it.

That is all for now - but those are the two biggest changes that have happened since my last blog. Talk to me next week and I'll have another big change for you.

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

blog title is song title you are currently listening to...and it could be worse- eliz and bryan could be in MICHIGAN!! peace out.